There is only one thing in this world that is permanent. Do you know what it is? Drum roll please: Change! Our relationships, careers, beliefs, and most frequently and noticeably- our bodies. From wrinkles to curves that we never knew were possible, our bodies continue to change every single day. So if we know this change is inevitable, what can we do right here and now to slow down the process?
Since becoming real-life Benjamin Button isn’t a possibility quite yet, here are 5 proven remedies we can do today to stop the dreaded aging process:
1. Drink water:
60% of our bodies are made up of water. If we don’t replenish ourselves every single day, the water in our bodies becomes stale- ew, right? We are supposed to drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day,1.9 liters, in order to fill ourselves with new, fresh, YOUNG water! It can be easy to forget to stay hydrated. Here are some quick tricks:
- set hourly water reminders on your phone or computer;
- add a timeline to your water bottle to remind you to drink x amount by x hour;
- add herbs to your water like basil or mint to switch it up and make it yummier!
2 . Diet: When reaching for carbs and sugar, you are triggering surges in insulin. This causes inflammation, and our bodies go into shock in order to break down collagen and elastin. Your body is now on overdrive to remove the toxins, which leads to more lines on your skin. Instead of reaching for these quick fixes, substitute it for one of these healthy fat options: coconut oil, chia, or hemp seed. Our skin cells are all made from saturated fat. Bye-bye, sugar! Hello, fat!
3. Minerals: Unless you are a superman/woman, there is a high probability that you are not absorbing all of the necessary nutrients in your diet. Great news, there is a magic potion to provide us with the nutrients we need, and it is called shilajit.
This rich antioxidant may slow down the pre-oxidation of the body cells and thereby delay the natural aging process.
In fact, India’s ancient Ayurveda has described shilajit as the best antiaging herbal supplement because it prevents the decay and death of cells, and the process of aging is controlled in a natural way. Shilajit resin is pressed out from layers of rock in the sacred Altai Mountains. It is a mineral deposit that is made up of humus, and decomposed plant remains. It contains loads of vitamins, minerals, humic acid, and fulvic acid, which are key components of a good cleanse.
Take advantage of its numerous benefits today!
Get Your Shilajit Today!
4. Exercise: Scientists have proven that regular exercise may be the key to reversing the skin's aging process. Endurance exercises decrease psychological and neurological changes, boost good cholesterol, lower bad cholesterol, improve cardiovascular health, lower blood sugar levels and decrease body fat. Resistance training enhances muscle mass and preserves bone calcium. Deep stretching and yoga calm down the nervous system and reverse signs of aging like sagging skin, loss of muscle strength, and slow metabolism.
5 . Meditation: Stress plays a major factor in aging. It is not necessarily about eliminating stress; it is about learning how to manage it. Meditation’s demonstrated capacity for reducing stress makes it one of the greatest anti-aging practices.
While change is inevitable, stress and wrinkles are not! These top 5 life hacks will help tremendously in our quests to maintain our vibrant youth. Water, diet, minerals, exercise, and meditation are the scientifically proven remedies we can start integrating into our lives right here and now!