A key mineral supplement of the Ayurveda (Ayurvedic medicine) is an complex system of curing that started in India thousands of years ago. Shilajit is known as a panacea for its strengthening and rejuvenative qualities. Shilajit is beneficial on its own and also improves the potency and effectiveness of other herbs.
Natural Shilajit resin is an exudate that is pressed out from layers of rock in sacred Altai Mountains. It is a mineral deposit that is made up of humus and decomposed plant remains. When these components get pressed between layers of rocks for millions of years, they are converted into a black tar like substance. Shilajit contains loads of vitamins, minerals, and humic acid and fulvic acid, which are key components to a good cleanse since they remove heavy metals from the body.
What does Shilajit Resin Contain?
The primary active ingredients in Shilajit are Fulvic Acid, Dibenzo Alpha Pyrones, Humins, Humic Acid, trace minerals, vitamins A, B, C and P (citrines), phospholipids and polyphenol complexes, terpenoids. Also, present are microelements (cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, manganese, chrome, iron, magnesium and other).
The Fulvic Acid in shilajit is in it’s most natural and purest form. Fulvic Acid is required to dilate the cell walls and transport the minerals deep into the cells. No amount of mineral supplements will be of any use unless they are transported into the cells. Minerals also act as catalysts in the assimilation of vitamins. Insufficient supply of minerals will also mean vitamin deficiency. Fulvic Acid alone can transport the minerals through the thick cell walls. Shilajit has 85+ minerals apart from Fulvic Acid and can instantly supply them to the cells. It can effectively prolong cell life and keep it healthy for a very long time. No wonder the Indian Yogis called it as Amrita or the Elixir Of Life.
Main Properties of Shilajit Resin?
Shilajit is nature’s gift to mankind. It is an excellent natural remedy for weakness due to any reason. It is nature’s best anti-aging supplement useful in a preventing a number of diseases. The major reason of efficacy is attributed to its richness in humic compounds, the usefulness can be felt within 5-10 days of regular use shilajit in almost any disease. It can also be used as a natural rejuevator by anyone who wants to feel anti-aging benefits of Shilajit. Shilajit is not only a preventive of many diseases or but also has theraputic values. The medicinal properties makes it best adaptogen, restorative, rejuvenative and ‘rasayana’.
How Shilajit Works?
Ayurvedic practitioners call is it the ”Destroyer of weakness”. This is not related to any health claims but owing to their general beliefs as stated in the Sanskrit Vedas followed by the Ayurveds. Recently, scientists have found traces of Dibenzo Alpha Pyrones in the Shilajit plant. This active ingredient basically acts as a strong and effective antioxidant. Therefore it protects the nervous system including the brain and the nerves from getting damaged by free radicles. This scientifically explains why the Vedas state Shilajit as the weakness destroyer. A study done on the heart, liver, and kidney cells said that the Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) levels increased by 29% by addition of Shilajit. CoQ10 helps boost the energy and activity of these cells.
To support this belief a study was done in which the participants were given a dose of 200mg Shilajit extract per day for a period of 15 days. The participants reported being more energetic and most of them had a sense of rejuvenated body functions. The energy component in their blood samples before and after a vigorous workout schedule was equivalent. This was termed “energizer bunny component” of the Shilajit.
What are the Main Shilajit Resin Benefits?
- Shilajit is rich in anti-oxidants that our body requires to flush out toxins and for healthier body cells.
- It is rich in Fulvic acid and Humic acid. Fulvic acid helps transfer Dibenzo Alpha Pyrones to the interior of the cells. This is a strong anti-oxidant require in our body. This is a major component found naturally in the Shilajit. Owing to its anti-oxidants it is good for relieving mental and physical stresses.
- Owing to its rich anti-oxidants many people use it as a dietary supplement for increasing their stamina.
- It helps increase stamina and vigor.
- Shilajit minerals and anti-oxidants helps maintain a healthy body and a healthy mind. It is a good Ayurvedic supplement for stress relieve and mind relaxation.
- It’s anti-oxidants helps rejuvenate brain cells
- There are trace minerals present in Shilajit that help in improving the body metabolism.
- The trace minerals act as co-factors that help in enzyme action.
- Trace minerals found in Shilajit natural Ayurvedic resin help maintain body electrolytes and body fluids.
- These minerals help in conducting the nerve signals and impulses in the body
- Its active ingredients increase metabolism and help in rejuvenating cells. There is an enhancement in cell regeneration.
Shilajit Resin Dosage Recommendations:
The recommended amount of Shilajit resin for general use and to maintain optimal health is around 300-500Mg. – pea sized portion per day. There is approximately a 6-8 week period for the therapeutic effects to be noticed. I have personally taken 1000Mg. per day (for bronchitis symptoms) and gotten excellent results. I would recommend you start off with 300Mg. per day and add 100Mg. per day until you achieve the desired results. To consume, simply dissolve in hot, non-chlorinated water, tea or warm milk and drink.
How to Take Shilajit Resin?
To maximize absorption we suggest to take your dosage of shilajit resin on an empty stomach in the morning. There is approximately a 3-4 weeks period for the therapeutic effects to be noticed. Remember, consistency is the key in obtaining a healthy, fit, happy lifestyle.