Being able to attain healthy, nutritious, clean food should be your right as a human being. Yet, in our current capitalistic climate, it is just not that simple. There is big money in food, just as there is big money in Healthcare, and when the only thing we worry about is turning a profit, things go poorly, quickly. This goes for Conventional AND Alternative Medicine, as well as organic vs. non organic.
There are at least two good arguments for eating organic:
- Fewer Pesticides
- More Nutrients
Let’s start with pesticides. Pesticides can be absorbed into fruits and vegetables, and leave trace residues. The Environmental Working Group (EWG), a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, pored over the results of nearly 51,000 USDA and FDA tests for pesticides on 44 popular produce items and identified the types of fruits and vegetables that were most likely to have higher trace amounts. Most people have no problems eating conventionally grown produce but if you feel strongly about pesticide residues, the EWG’s list below should help you shop.
As for nutrients, in 2007 a study out of Newcastle University in the United Kingdom reported that organic produce boasted up to 40 percent higher levels of some nutrients (including vitamin C, zinc and iron) than its conventional counterparts. Additionally, a 2003 study in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found that organically grown berries and corn contained 58 percent more polyphenols—antioxidants that help prevent cardiovascular disease—and up to 52 percent higher levels of vitamin C than those conventionally grown. Recent research by that study’s lead author, Alyson Mitchell, Ph.D., an associate professor of food science and technology at the University of California, Davis, pinpoints a potential mechanism to explain why organic techniques may sometimes yield superior produce.
With organic methods, the nitrogen present in composted soil is released slowly and therefore plants grow at a normal rate, with their nutrients in balance.
Vegetables fertilized with conventional fertilizers grow very rapidly and allocate less energy to develop nutrients. Buying conventional produce from local farmers also has benefits. Nutrient values in produce peak at prime ripeness, just after harvest. As a general rule, the less produce has to travel, the fresher and more nutrient-rich it remains.
A 2008 review by the Organic Center of almost 100 studies on the nutritional quality of organic produce compared the effects conventional and organic farming methods have on specific nutrients. The report’s conclusion: “Yes, organic plant-based foods are, on average, more nutritious.”
Many people are not aware when their body lacks minerals.
If you understand the signs of mineral deficiency, it will help you know when you need to boost your minerals intake.
Our bodies are designed to work with the natural elements found in our food. Plants create vitamins and pull minerals from the soil to serve specific functions, like protection from disease or energy production. We then repurpose these nutrients after we consume them. Minerals are an interesting case. They are inorganic elements found in the earth’s crust, but these often must be combined with organic molecules to become usable by the human body.
Our modern diet includes many minerals, but many are lacking as processing, high heat, and oxidization destroy what our bodies need. On top of this, modern agricultural practices strip the soil of minerals through overuse and pesticides that kill beneficial microbes. We enrich foods, but many of these enriched foods contain synthetic forms, not the organic compounds our bodies recognize from food. The best way to get the minerals we need is to start taking natural Shilajit resin.
What we know as Shilajit, Shilajeet, Mumie or Mumijo is the result of the compression of these antediluvian rain forests: a black tar-like material, one of the densest and most complex substances known to man. Because Shilajit has undergone thousands of processes of photosynthesis (conversion of solar energy), stored within it is unparalleled amounts active sun energy, and this amazing source of vitality is now available to everyone.
The primary active ingredients in Shilajit are Fulvic Acid, Dibenzo Alpha Pyrones, Humins, Humic Acid, trace minerals, vitamins A, B, C and P (citrines), phospholipids and polyphenol complexes, terpenoids. Also, present are microelements (cobalt, nickel, copper, zinc, manganese, chrome, iron, magnesium and other).
10 Reasons to Eat Organic Foods
- I have long been a proponent of organic foods – I believe they have NEED. The United Kingdom’s Soil Association is the leading organic certifier for that region. They published a list of 10 reasons for eating organic – all of which I agree with:
- It’s healthy. Organic food tends to contain higher levels of vitamin C, cancer-fighting antioxidants, and essential minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron and chromium.
- No nasty additives. Organic food doesn’t contain food additives that can cause health problems such as heart disease, osteoporosis, migraines and hyperactivity.
- It avoids pesticides. More than 400 chemical pesticides are routinely used in conventional farming and residues are often present in non-organic food.
- No genetic modification. Under organic standards, genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are not allowed.
- There is not a reliance on drugs. Organic farming standards prohibit the routine use of antibiotics and growth hormones in farm animals.
- There are no hidden costs. As taxpayers, we pay for chemicals to be removed from our drinking water – including the pesticide runoff from conventional farms.
- There are high standards. Organic food comes from trusted sources that are inspected to ensure compliance to organic standards.
- Organic methods provide for animals. Animal welfare is taken very seriously under organic standards.
- It’s good for wildlife and the environment. The US government has said that organic farming is better for wildlife, causes lower pollution from sprays, produces less carbon dioxide – the main global warming gas – and less dangerous wastes.
- It’s flavorful. Many people prefer organic food because they say it tastes better.
Cleanse Your Body with Shilajit Detox Drink.
Nowadays, processed foods and sugary snacks are part of our lifestyle. We know that it’s not right and we are trying to avoid it as much as we can, but it’s not easy when the food industry revolves around the quantity and not the quality of the food. With all this, it’s easy to imagine how many chemicals we have in our body, and how desperately you need to cleanse your body. Shilajit Detox drink will help you cleanse your body by removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
One of the main active ingredients in Shilajit Detox Drink is Fulvic Acid
Fulvic Acid is a substance that is vital for a healthy and active life. Among the many benefits of the Fulvic Acid you will find the capacity to breakdown toxic pollutants, cleanse your body, which includes most of the pesticides that you eat without realizing. This means that with the help of Shilajit detox drink you can eliminate the chemicals that you ingest with the food much faster, and they will not have time to build up in your body and organs.
In Shilajit you can also find Potassium, and this might not seem like a big deal for you. However, research showed us that potassium is absolutely necessary for the good function of the liver. The liver is considered to be the filter of your body, and many of the toxins that you eat are stored in this organ. When you have enough potassium in your body you can be sure that your liver works as full capacity and it is able to transform and dispose the toxins in efficient way.
Tips to Prevent Mineral Deficiency:
- Start your day with a large glass of Shilajit water – add a pea size portion of Shilajit resin and let it dissolve.
- When you are busy and often forget to Shilajit water, you can put pea size portion of Shilajit resin under your tongue, after some time you’ll get used to the taste.
- Along with Shilajit, start including water-rich fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Try not to drink beverages that can cause demineralization, such as alcohol, energy drinks and others that contain caffeine.
- You should consult your doctor immediately if you are having symptoms such as extreme thirst, dizziness, not passing urine for more than eight hours, and a rapid or weak pulse.